- Are you somewhere between the ages of 0 and 120? (or more!)
- Are you either male or female?
- Do you want to learn more about God and the Good News of His Love revealed through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ?
- Would you like to be in a tolerant community of caring, supportive friends?
- Are you a young parent who wants to escape from four limiting walls to meet like-minded other people?
- Are you an elderly person who would enjoy the company of children and young people in an all-age congregation?
- Are you a young person tired of phonies and looking for new direction and fun?
- Do you want to hear the Bible, God’s Word, preached without fear or favour, relevantly for today?
- Do you seek peace and joy in worship, or a place to meet new people who are wholly genuine and have no ulterior motives?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, join us at Oldmachar Church.
The congregation meets on Sundays at 10.30am
The congregation has a “Unitary Constitution”. This means that the Kirk Session sees it as its task to encourage all members to use their God-given gifts to bless each other and reach out with God’s love to the parish.
We are disabled-friendly.
We are involved in local schools and care homes and other community projects.
Our halls are extensively used by local groups and church groups throughout the week.
Love is the key to all Christian churches and we pray you will find God’s love here for you and for your family. If you want to come and check us out, we have our Oldmachar Cafe with lots of toys for your kiddies in a safe environment: it is every Friday (9.30am – 12 noon). Everyone is welcome and the cakes are scrumptious!
God’s Mission:Jesus said –
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew, chapter 28, verses 18 to 20)
We really believe Jesus is alive and with us. Join us and experience a new beginning. It does not matter if you find it a bit hard to trust. We understand. But we trust you will find hope.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me, and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah, chapter 29, verses 11 to 13)
Please come. We want to meet you. Most of all, we want to share something good with you.